I played golf recently with a good mate who manages an international 5-star hotel. He said, “I can’t believe the first quarter is done already, but I’m pretty happy with my achievements!” His measures of success revolved around his professional, personal and family scenarios and he was clearly pumped about the outcomes. His hotel is…Details
TMV – Increasing Professional Pride – Improving Service Engagement
We do this by:
- Measuring and developing increased emotional intelligence
- Enhancing the skills, knowledge and attitudes of service teams
- Empowering frontline employees to make decisions
- Improving server-customer engagement through mindful communication
- Strengthening patron loyalty and encouraging return visits
“Increasing emotional intelligence across your service teams, has been proven to increase revenues and improve customer loyalty. Authentic personal connection with your patrons is more powerful than any other marketing activity”
Dave Upson, Managing Director TMV.
Welcome to Train My Venue
Train My Venue provides a free online content for hospitality professionals and in-house consulting and training for venues seeking continuous improvement.
We offer free hospitality & tourism online training resources because we want to contribute to an industry that we are all proud to be a part of.
We provide in-house workshops for service teams across a broad range of topics.
Talk to us about coaching for your supervisors, managers and venue owners.
We help individuals and venues improve service performance.
TMV is committed to enhancing the skills, knowledge and attitude of people across the service industry.
Our online visitor community has access to blog articles, videos, courses, learning activities, knowledge quizzes, and can request customised in-house workshop sessions.
Let us know if there’s a topic you would like to see covered and we’ll do our best to source that info for you.
Is the service in your venue, emotionally mature?
Want to learn more about how to encourage your team to use emotional intelligence for improved customer service? firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit often and become part of our community of Hospitality Professionals
Currently employed or looking for a new gig? Either way Talk to us we’d love to hear what interests you in this great industry.
Improved skills, increased knowledge and a professional attitude will have customers coming back to your venue to see YOU. Why? Because you made them feel great.
Other venue operators will notice the level of enthuisiasm that makes your workplace buzz. Take pride in your profession!
How We Can Help
Here are a few things to consider if your venue wants to stay ahead of the competition:
- How can we improve our Coffee skills?
- What would help improve engagement with service staff?
- Is the team confident indelivering wine service?
- Are our bartenders passionate about the range of beers we offer?
- Does our venue give a safe and welcoming message to guests?
- Would increased emotional intelligence help our service team?
Looking For A Career In Hospitality ? #IsHospitalityMyGig?
Contact us for a free consultation about your hospitality career aspirations and we can guide you towards the best pathway for achieving goals in this exciting sector. We can help you with:
- Skills profiling to see where you fit most effectively into the industry
- Seminars, workshops and conferences to improve your industry knowledge
- Training programs to improve your current skills or assist you in achieving senior leadership positions within the industry
#RaiseTheBar Workshops in your Venue
#RaiseTheBar Workshops can help any venue stand out from the competition. Truly professional service staff and many venue owners get frustrated by mediocre service and ordinary skills from the team.
Talk to us about how to get the whole team up to speed!:
- Authentic connection with guests
- Sell them more of what they want
- Understand they came to buy an experience
- Help the team understand the profit margins
- Give them the tools, then trust the team to do what they are good at!
Increase service team EI and watch revenues climb.
Studies have shown that Emotionally Intelligent interactions with customers from service teams are proven to increase revenues by 35% – 45% in hospitality businesses. Emotional Intelligence (unlike IQ) can actually be identified, coached and increased. This approach leads to a continuous improvement cycle of “EI aware” managers, owners and service staff developing their skills and applying them to improved customer engagement.
Hospitality Supervisors Need A Hands On Approach. I was at a venue recently for a meeting with two hospitality industry colleagues and I noticed something that seems to be becoming a common trait with young, dare I say, “untrained” food and beverage attendants. I won’t even use the term “waiter” because they don’t really fit…Details
Easter Holiday Trading In Hospitality Venues – In Our Drinks Trade Easter Column We Discuss The Implications For Hospitality Venues
Easter Holidays – What Does It Mean For Your Venue? Easter holiday trading in hospitality venues has always provided challenges that are quite different to those of other celebration weekends. If you are a subscriber to Drinks Trade magazine you may have read our article which discusses some of the implications for bars, restaurants, pubs…Details